Monday, March 1, 2010

Week 6 Response

1. I feel that there are other good sensory experiences that would complement the use of a virtual tour. I feel like videos posted on the locations would be very attention-getting to the students. I also feel like posting pictures of the actual location would be beneficial as well. It would be neat to have different smells from that location that are common. It would be nice to bring in objects that they could look at and touch that are found in that specific location. You could also bring in food that is from there as well! This would be very fun for the students.

2. WWII Holocaust- I thought it was very informative, but just not enough variety amongst the different locations.

Celebrations around the world- I think this was really neat! I loved how they took you straight into the room where the Declaration of Independence is located.

7 Wonders of the World- I think this was my favorite one. It was very attention getting and informative about each wonder.

3. I think the upsides of creating a virtual tour is it is definitely different than the normal day-to-day routine. It is very fun and interactive. The students can learn hands on and get a feel for what the location is really like. The downsides would be teaching the students how to use Google Earth for the virtual tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment